Thursday, April 8, 2010

Week Thirteen

PS 22

Landslide

After watching the video in this post, there are several reasons that come to mind as to why teachers and students should post on blogs. Obviously, in the case of these students, it was a source of vast opportunities. They're youtube stars, they've been on national television, and now they get to sing in Madison Square. These are experiences that they will never forget.

On the other side of the blog however, are teachers reading it and seeing the possibilities. It may even encourage other teachers to take bigger risks with their methods and try something new. Find a way to get the kids involved and interested. I know that the biggest problem I had in school was that we never did much that I was interested in, so I didn't really care. I've never seen kids so passionate in school as the ones in that video.

No comments:

Post a Comment