Thursday, April 1, 2010

Comments for Teachers - Morgan Bayda

Evolving Perspectives on Self- and Peer- Assessments

This week I commented on a blog post titled Evolving Perspectives on Self- and Peer- Assessments. Morgan focused on self and peer evaluations and reflections. She told us about the need for them, and the impact that they have had on her own life. My comment focused on what she said at the very end, which was that we had to be willing to listen to our students comments, but at the same time we can't bow to their every whim.

Artifact #3: Tension Between Teachers and Parents – How does this affect my practice?

This post really concerned me. She talked about a Bar B Que dinner that the school held for what was basically a parent teacher conference. All of the other teachers were unwilling to interact with the parents or show them their classroom because they believed that they wouldn't care. It's sad to hear about teachers that are jaded and/or too lazy to deal with parents. I gave her some encouragement in my comment and told her that there are teachers out there who care just like her.

Morgan Bayda

No comments:

Post a Comment