Sunday, April 25, 2010

PLN 2

I have learned a lot this semester by expanding my Personal Learning Network (PLN). I have been listening to some interesting podcasts on iTunesU, and I have been following many teachers, especially the one's I found through comments for teachers, on twitter. Using these tools I have really been able to get an experienced perspective on teaching, and an idea of what kind of classroom I would like to teach in one day.

However, I have to say that I have gotten the most benefit this semester from Skype. Not only do I use Skype to speak with my fiance, but now I use it to keep in touch with my classmates from EDM310, even those that are in other sections. While we may not speak in class, and the majority of them I haven't even seen in person, we have really been able to relate through Skype. They have helped me, and I them, with projects in this class, keep up in other classes we have in common, and even just let a load off our minds by sharing common frustrations.

I have been trying to explore more blogs, but to be honest it's just my favorite way to share information. Not to say that it doesn't have it's own strengths and purposes, they have just not really fit me this semester. Though I'm sure in the future they will play a more important role in my education, and much much more as a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment