Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Comments for Teacher's Weeks 13 and 14

John Spencer - Indie Teacher

http://jtspencer.blogspot.com/

What Kids Can Teach Us About Community

I really enjoyed this post. He talked about the community you find within a neighborhood between kids. They seem to come together easily compared to our adult communities. I commented that I personally miss the community I had with my childhood friends, none of which I still talk to today.

Being a Parent vs. Being a Teacher

I really enjoyed this post. He wrote about the dynamic of being both a parent and a teacher, how they relate, and how they do not. One thing that I really liked was that he kept mentioning things that he could do as a teacher and parent, and never mentions what he couldn't do. I feel like his unwillingness to admit to inability really showed the power of his optimism. I hope that I can believe in my self as a parent and teacher the way that he does when I have the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment