Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Week Nine

ALEX

http://alex.state.al.us

Alabama Learning Exchange(ALEX), is a tool that teachers can use in order to interact with other educators. It allows teachers all over the state to create and share lesson plans for various subjects and grade levels. They can also use the lesson plans that others have posted in their own classrooms.

I think that this is a great tool that I will definitely use in my classroom. My only concern is that it could possibly create a laziness in certain teachers, that would be willing to rely totally on the lesson plans of others, rather than create one that is perfect for his or her classroom. I think that ALEX can best be used by studying other plans and picking and choosing what will work best for your students' specific needs.

ACCESS

http://accessdl.state.al.us/

The Alabama Connecting Classroom, Educators and Students Statewide (ACCESS) is a great way to provide learning opportunities to students that would regularly not be able to receive them. For example, if a gifted child lives in a small town, and their schools are unable to provide AP or IB classes, the students can take a class with a teacher in another area using video conferencing.

I'm not sure that this will be very relevant in my classroom, since I will be a special ed teacher, but I am certainly open to new teaching ideas. In fact, there may be classes being used now involving video conferencing that I am unaware of. It truly opens doors to endless possibilities.

1 comment:

  1. That is an interesting point that ALEX could make teachers lazy and cheaters. I did not think about that, but it really is a valid point! It is basically giving away other teacher's ideas to new/lazy teachers.

    Hopefully there are no or little teachers who would do this : )

    ReplyDelete